Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh, Dear

You've seen this, right?

Knit only from stash (with some exceptions) for 9 months?

I really don't think I can make that sort of commitment. ("Read my lips -- No New Taxes!")

But there are two probable benefits:

1.) Reclaims storage space.

2.) Builds character.

I don't need more character. ("Not that kind of character, you dork.")

But I could probably use the space.

I did go a little crazy with the yarn purchases in October.

And November.

And December isn't over yet.

"Don't you think you've maybe had a little too much? Here, let me take your keys."

"What is this? An intervention?"

Ummmmm, anyway . . .

I think for me, it would probably end up being nothing more than a huge excuse to buy yarn non-stop for the next two weeks. (At the end of the day, I am way more "Mardi Gras" than "Lent.")

And I am not so good with the resolutions. (Hey, did you know that in 2006, I lost weight? And also exercised? HA!!!!)

But I probably should think about it . . .

Anyone actually, really doing this?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope. No clue who that person is.

I don't think I have a big enough stash to do that. I try to buy yarn for projects as I go. Although, if space is an issue, I guess it's an idea.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have a lot of wash clothes and placemats if I did that. The bulk of the yarn in my--admittedly small, I've only been building it for a year--stash is 100% cotton from when my LYS had it's going out of business sale. And some left-overs from other projects; afghan squares maybe. o.o

But I can see how it would be a good, or at least challenging, idea for people who've been building their stashes for years. Sounds like fun actually.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home