Thursday, November 30, 2006

Frog Proof





Claudia Handpainted is frog proof.

You see, before these were plain 'ol ordinary stockinette socks with a plain 'ol ordinary gusset heel . . .

Hello, cankles! And hello, stash! (There, in the background, you can see what you might call the tip of the iceberg.)




. . . before that (a year ago), they were Jaywalkers that were too big . . .

. . . then Jaywalkers that were too small . . .

. . . then (again) Jaywalkers that were too big . . .

. . . then picot-edged socks that had *no* stretch because I was knitting too tightly . . .

. . . and then once I finished the first plain ol' ordinary sock, I promptly cast on four too few stitches for the second, getting all the way through the heel flap before realizing it (Doh!) . . .

. . . but still, after all that, the yarn is beautiful.

In a related story, I have jumped on the insane-making-a-blanket-out-of-leftover-sock-yarn bandwagon:

From left to right, leftovers from the Doctor's First Oversocks (Regia Strato); Mum's Birthday Socks (Plymouth Sockotta); My Greece Socks (Lorna's Laces); My Striped Tweedy Socks (Meilenweit Colortweed); and My Plain Claudia Socks (Claudia Handpainted, probably in Carousel). Gee, three pairs for me since the blog started . . . now that's what I call GREED. Tasty!



Other knitters who are (or were) on this bandwagon include:

Shelly at The Heathen Housewife (Trendsetter! With the KAL and everything . . . )
Gail at Gail's Good Yarn
Gwen at Shoes and Yarn
Noricum at Soapbox
and at least one super-extremely-famous knitter, Wendy at Wendy Knits

Anyone else out there in Crazy Land?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Those socks look amazing for having been through so many incarnations. That's good to know, just in case I end up doing the same thing. :-)

Love the blankie idea, don't think I have the patience for it, though.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

The Claudia socks are wonderful. Just "my" colors! You MUST be mad, knitting this blanket, but it's cute and will be gorgeous when finished.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

My theory is that the blanket won't actually ever be done (and therefore the patience factor is really not applicable), because my supply of leftover sock yarn just does not accumulate that quickly.

5:06 PM  
Blogger noricum said...

Pretty start to your blankie. :) I need to post another update on mine...

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home